Thursday, April 18, 2013

Adventures With My Vitamix

After over 3 years of lusting over the Vitamix mixer, I finally took the plunge and ordered one a few weeks ago. I narrowed my extensive search for this mixer and it came to down to two mixers: the Vitamix and the Blendtec. I honestly didn't find one better over the other, but ended up choosing the Vitamix.
In anticipation, I purchased a fridge full of fresh and frozen fruits and fresh veggies. I started with fresh spinach, apples, bananas, watermelon, lemons, carrots, strawberries, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, and almond milk.
I think my favorite mix is: spinach, banana, watermelon, lemon, carrot, and almond milk.
In this smoothie I added (in this order) almond milk, kale (I think I like spinach better), frozen mango, fresh lemon with skin, 1/2 banana, a small handful of almonds, and ice!
You can almost pick out each ingredient from the side of the mixer.
The finished smoothie! I can taste the banana and almonds. It tastes a little sweet even though I didn't add any sweetener.

Here is another one I made. It has 2 oranges (orange rind taken off), 1/2 banana, a lemon, and some almond milk. Yum!


It is fun coming up with different smoothies. I also have been making some delicious soups. Yes, soup! The Vitamix also heats up your ingredients!

Today I made a smoothie with distilled water and 2 whole cucumbers. I didn't drink this smoothie, as I wanted to add it to my cucumber soap! Stay tuned to my Cucumber Mint soap!



No comments: