Sunday, November 11, 2012

Missing in action in St. Louis

Less than a week after my last post, I fell in my house and broke my ankle. I can't think of a better excuse than this for not updating my blog! Ha!

I started shipping out orders 2 weeks after I fell. I borrowed a wheelchair from a friend and wheeled myself around the basement (I scooted on my rear to get down the stairs) and filled orders.

I didn't feel comfortable making soap until I was more steady on my feet. I didn't make soap for about 2 months and my first batch turned out beautifully, except I forgot the fragrance oil! It was supposed to be scented in Mistletoe and Ivy, but now they are lovely unscented soap.

I named the soap Snowballs.

I  have been restocking soap, and a few days ago I made more Peppermint Crunch. I have a hard time making soap to look like a previous batch, but these look identical!

The color I used was a combination of TBK's red and NG's Tomato Red.

I think they turned out cute!

The peppermint soap is available now and the snowball soap will be soon.
Stay tuned!



No comments: