Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Weird Popcorn

Have you ever heard of popcorn soap? I have been making this soap for several years now. It seems to come and go in popularity, but it is always popular around this time of the year.
I love making this soap, although I bought a small mold and I can only make 9 kernels at a time, so time wise, it's not a soap I make often. I will usually make a small container of soap and pour into the soap mold when I happen to be in the kitchen, collecting the kernels in a small baggie. This saves time in actually making the soap, but my kitchen is filled with the scent of popcorn for longer than I wish.

Popcorn soap is interesting to everyone because it looks just like a kernel of popcorn, and it smells just like popcorn!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I love the smell of popcorn popping, it reminds me of staying in for movie nights with the hubsters! What a cute idea for soap =)

American Homemaker said...

I hate popcorn but I love how fun the popcorn soap is!