Thursday, July 7, 2011

St. Louis produce from our wee garden

My veggies are coming in fast and furious! I'm not sure what I am going to do with all this bounty, but I know that my friends and neighbors will reap the benefits!




I love cherry tomatoes and my husband loves big fat tomatoes. Well, I let him pick out his own tomato plants this year (we have his and her gardens) and he didn't realize until they started growing, that he bought cherry tomato plants! Yea for me! I actually picked one yesterday that had turn red. I'm in tomato heaven!



We both love green beans and really missed growing them last year. I have three plants and they started producing bean before the plants were a foot tall. I have never seen green bean plants this short. They are now almost 2 feet tall and have tons of beans. The first beans made the plants lean over with the weight!



Last, but not least, are my cucumbers. Look how huge they are! My friend Pat shared a recipe with me and I'm going to try to pickle them.
I know that we are happy with the garden this year, and I know all my neighbors, friends, and family will be too!
What are you growing this year?

1 comment:

Kelly Ann Taylor said...

I am SO jealous!
I got 2 cucumers
1 squash
two handfuls of tomatoes
1 strawberry
1 marigold
but the Thai Basil and
spearmint and oregano are doing fine.

We had a huge drought and it's been hot so I think I planted too late.
I also am happy to report that I killed a total of 5 lavender bushes.

Being a gardener requires patience, but this is my first year in a new house, so the key next year is to plant earlier and to amend my soil even though it is organic by running some tests.

Your plants look beautiful!

Oh, by the way, my name is Kelly...and I wandered over here as you are on my reading list....You have a great blog!