Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Summer in St. Louis - HOT!

I took a stroll through the yard the other day. Every day I take my two puppies, Scout and Finch, for a walk around the yard. They are only interested in finding worms to eat and catching squirrels, but I don't mind as long as they stroll with me.
I didn't winter sow as many plants this year, but I had plenty. One of my favorites are the Sunflowers! These were planted along side the house and I had to crop the picture in order to screen out the garden hose and the meter reader....lol!
I start most of my plants by seed. These were planted a few years ago and I divided the plant and transplanted them into some beds we started in our front yard.
This beautiful flower is called a Brown Nose Rudebekia (I'm pretty sure..). They reseed everywhere, but I planted this bunch under our Black Oak tree. They hide the Iris that have already bloomed.
Last, but not least, is my Blanket Flower. I started this flower about 5 years ago and it has happily reseeded all over the yard. They bloom all summer!

3 comments:

Wonder Turtle Soaps said...

Gorgeous flowers! The Blanket Flower is so pretty. (They're all pretty!) And I love your puppies' names :)

Unknown said...

Thank you!

The Soap Sister said...

Hi! Just found your blog...I'm in the St.Louis area,too! Nice to know there's a blogging soaper so close! Your blog is really pretty -love the flower photos. (I posted some from my yard the other day! -they love this humidity, don't they?) ~Becky